Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's official... my babies are growing up!

My baby is slowly but surely slipping away and becoming a little boy! I'm not ready! I guess I better brace myself 'cause it's ain't going away! On Friday, we set up his toddler bed. Was a little bit of a last minute decision as to when to do it. He did great for his nap. Just laid there and napped as usual. Same with Friday evening.

Here he is Friday afternoon at nap time. So proud of his big boy bed! And, of course, Dani had to be in on the whole thing! What a hoot!

And I had to sneak in and take a picture of him while he was sleeping Saturday at nap time.

Oh, I have to tell ya'll the funniest story! Tyler has obviously realized since Thursday's gloriously wonderful stay-in-bed time, that he can get OUT of his bed as he wishes. So, he got up once or twice at nap time yesterday but stayed in bed from then on. Last night was another story altogether! He got up once and just ran out of his room! Um, I don't think so! Tyler, you STAY in your bed, okay? Tyler: "Okay!" Next thing we know, his door is opening and he is on his hands and knees peeking out around the corner. Keven and I could not help but crack up! It was hilarious! We eventually put a gate up at his door so he cannot get out! He will learn. Funny how I have forgotten how this whole process went with the girls!

This afternoon he got out of bed (we were downstairs) and was sitting in the recliner reading a book! The gate went right up! He is now in bed, leisurely kicking the wall and singing to himself! Oh that child!

Now, to add insult to injury... I was watching Jimmy and Karen Evans on t.v. this morning. I love to listen to them on Sunday mornings if I get a chance. If you've never heard of them, here is a link to their site. Anyway, somehow he got on the subject of when you should have "THE talk" with your kids. His suggestion? Between the ages of 8 & 10! HUH?! Marlie will be 9 in a month! This cannot be happening! I feel like she is nowhere near ready to have that information. But, Jimmy Evans made a good point that we need to get to them before outside influences do. We need to approach them with a godly, biblical perspective before the world does with their misinformation! YES, that's right... but I'M NOT READY!!!!!! I've had the series called "God's Design for Sex" in my nightstand for quite some time. I guess it's time to get it out! YIKES!!!!!

No comments: