Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My little poet

Marlie has been working on a poetry unit in school and brought home "Marlie's Antholigy of Poems" this afternoon (her spelling by the way). Some of the poems were hers and some were not. Here is one of my favorites of hers. It's the one that is typed out (in the larger font).

I just LOVE it! Bless her little pea-pickin' heart! I love that so much of it has to do with Christianity or Christian character! God is doing a mighty work in my little girl's heart I think. Poor thing... I've not been feeling well for a few days and she was so worried that she came out of her room crying about it last night. Daddy prayed with her and that calmed her down. The night before last we were talking about end times stuff. She got so worried as we read what it would be like during the tribulation. I assured her that her daddy and I believe in the pre-trib rapture but that no matter what, God is in control. She was still so overcome with fear. Then there is Hannah who says, "Yeah Marlie... if we are here during the bad stuff and get killed or something, we get to go staight to heaven so..." and shrugs her shoulders. It really is amazing how two kids can be so very different in every way. Anyway, after going over some Scriptures, Marlie was better. What a girl!

The poem in her handwriting is based on the smaller typed one and says:

Love That Mom
Inspired by Walter Dean Myers

Love that mom,
like a sister loves to boss.
I said love that mom
like a sister loves to boss.
Love to call her in the morning
loved to call her
"Hey there, Mom!"

Isn't that funny!? "Like a sister loves to boss"... HILARIOUS! Can you tell her birth order? Oh my goodness! I LOVE my kids!

1 comment:

MAMA CEO said...

So Precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!