Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Verse

Yes! I have a new memory verse, finally! I sure hope the last one sunk in... if not in word at least in essence and intention. I've already forgotten the first verse that I memorized when starting on this trek.

I actually got this verse from my mother-in-law today! I mentioned to her that I need to come up with a new verse to memorize and she had this one right handy! I LOVE it! I especially love the "perfect peace" part. What IS perfect peace?! I suppose we won't know it exactly this side of heaven. Or, I don't know... maybe there is that rare person who is consistently and steadfastly trusting in the Lord. I am not one of them... yet! I still struggle too much with giving up control and quickly taking back the reigns. But, we've been down that road before. No need to rehash at this point I suppose.

What I hope to take away from this verse is: First that it is God who gives us perfect peace. Not a bank account, not material possessions, not job security... though all of these things are nice.. but GOD! Second, perfect peace in conditional... it doesn't just come because we are born-again, although there is a certain peace that comes with that. But perfect peace comes from God WHEN and IF our minds are steadfast and trusting in Him alone.

So... may I (and you) remember to keep my eyes on the prize... oh, what a prize!... so that we can get a glimpse of the perfect peace that is promised to us! Praise God!

No comments: