Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a day!

Today seemed like it was jammed packed. About 9:00 Marlie, Hannah and I left to go to the house of one of the ladies in my Bible study. If you think of her, please be in prayer. Her name is Susie and her husband, Ted is battling liver cancer that has spread to his stomach and colon (I think those facts are right!). While Susie and Ted went to his chemo treatment, another dear lady, Twila, met us there and we washed some of Susie's windows while Marlie and Hannah dusted and vacuumed. It was a great time of fellowship and serving a sweet sister in Christ. Keven, bless his heart, stayed home with Dani and Tyler and even came over to help us for about an hour.

It was home for a late lunch and then Marlie was off to piano lessons. Come for find out, she had a rough day with Mrs. Brown, her teacher. Apparently Marlie was "tired from cleaning a lady's house ALL morning" (oh brother!) and was a little sensitive to Mrs. Brown's "criticism". You better believe we called her tonight to make sure Marlie wasn't disrespectful or anything. She said that when she found out Marlie was tired from cleaning she thought maybe she'd been a little hard on her. Great! Now the piano teacher probably thinks we're pimping our 8 year old out to clean people's houses or something! :)

Anyway, I've been coming down with a head cold for a couple of days and it really hit me when I got home from Susie's. I'm really glad it waited until I was home. I layed on our bed for "just a second" and ended up falling asleep there for nearly two hours. I woke up just in time for Keven to leave for a doctor's appt. He was home just in time for supper. Luckily we had tons of leftovers so I didn't have to cook. The kids were bathed and now here we are!

I noticed a note hanging on the fridge for me as I was cleaning up the kitchen after supper. Marlie must've felt sorry for me or something. I really was trying to not be too grouchy or short in patience this evening. Don't know how my report card would look but I really did try!



Oh, and did I mention that I have the best, most thoughtful hubby around? He watched the kids today, helped me plant flowers on Saturday, went on a HUGE grocery trip yesterday, skipped playing his guitar at church tonight to help me at home, ran out at bedtime to get some more whole milk for Tyler... He's the best! Sometimes I feel like he's more of a helper to me than the other way around as it should be. I'm just thankful that he's naturally so willing! Don't know what I'd do without him! Hopefully next year, when the big girls are off to school and we're no longer officially homeschooling, I'll be able to slip better back into my role of being his helper! Only SEVEN more days of school, but who's counting. Just had to throw that in there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...don't be discouraged! It's almost impossible to help someone else and have enough left to do anything impressive for your own family! You taught your family how to serve the body of Christ - and that's WAY more important than a homemade dinner!! Today is a new day!! I'm praying for you to feel well today - everything seems better when we're healthy! I love you to death girl!