Monday, May 19, 2008

Another weekend with the Grans!

Well, nothing too "exciting to report", as my father-in-law would say! The kids and I did visit my in laws again this weekend. We had a cousin's birthday party Sunday afternoon and just decided to make a weekend out of it. We were playing catch up with some schoolwork and just took our stuff along and did it at Granny's. First we studied berries. It was really fun. We looked at raspberries, blueberries. blackberries, and strawberries. We looked at the shape, color, texture, seeds etc... of all of them and then the best part, we TASTED them! Mm mm.... Then I convinced Betty to bake one of her famous cobblers with the leftover berries! Ain't I good! ;) Then Marlie and I made edible bird's nests. They were delicious too.

A slide show of our FUN on Saturday!



Sunday morning we went to our former church. It was a fabulous time of worship and teaching of the Word! It's always like coming home when we visit! While I love our new church, I sure do miss the close friendships we made at EBC! But, I know we are just where the Lord would have us now!

A picture of the kids and I when we got back to Betty's after church. I've never had a picture of me with ALL of my kids.



Sunday afternoon we had a great time visiting with friends and family at Matix's 2nd birthday party at the park. What a perfect place for a party! The kids had cupcakes, played with water guns (thanks to Uncle Mike and cousin Zak), played with bubbles and on the playground! Can you tell I forgot to take my camera to the park with me! Duh! What a fun, fun, fun weekend!

Finally, a short video of Tyler walking. He's getting better! Keven surprised us and came home for a little while this afternoon. I'm sure you can hear the excitement from the kids! Always nice to have him home!


No comments: