Monday, May 12, 2008

If You Can't Spend Mother's Day....

With your REAL mom...



(Love you Mom! Don't kill me for posting this picture, K?)... you might as well do the next best thing and spend it with your mother-in-law! Here's where a lot of women would post a rolling eyes little guy or something! But, I am so blessed to have a mother-in-law that really is the next best thing to my own mom!

Anyway, we went to Keven's parents' house yesterday to spend the day with them. It is always so much fun catching up with them, playing cards, eating like pigs (whoopsie!), shooting my .22 pistol for the first time and having an all around great time! Keven's brother Kelly was there too which was an added bonus!

On Uncle Kelly's Harley! I am such hot stuff!



An old favorite with Granny! Wonder if she ever REALLY had a horse named Jack? ha ha Oh, and you gotta love maestro Dani on the organ in the background! Oh the memories they are creating of Granny's house. I LOVE it!



We decided to buzz Tyler's hair this morning! I don't know why I feel the need to share my son's haircut experiences with the world! Maybe it's because this boy thing is still so new! I promise this is the last haircut I will feel compelled to share but he's just so darn cute!

Ready for the first pass! Don't Keven's hands just look monstrous? They really are monstrous but next to a baby's head, MAN! Anyway, I thought Tyler might be a little freaked out by the clippers but he sat there like a champ for most of it!



Look at all that hair. I think it was time, don't you?

I think my little man is a homebody! He didn't nap worth a hoot the whole time at Granny and Papa's (but was still a good boy I might add!) and was just generally a little outta sorts. But, first thing when we got home, he headed straight for his bedroom and started playing with his toys. I really need to get out more! ;)

Nothing like getting into the stove. Just call him Hansel!



And, I just HAD to share this picture of Marlie reading to Dani. It's a rare moment in this house right now that these two girls aren't at each others' throats. I'll save that drama for another post! This was very shortly after we got home and notice Dani, looking like a little ragamuffin from the time at Granny's and long ride home, in her pink ballerina skirt and red "tap" shoes! Oh, that child! She is something else!



Gotta love it! Hope you all had a very happy and blessed Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such sweet memories!!! I'm a sucker for little boy haircuts too!!

Plate spinner said...

It's nice to know that there are MIL's out there like that. Gives me hope that maybe one day my DIL will say that about me. Glad you had a good day.
Michelle