Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We're nerds - so what?!

Okay, many of you won't appreciate our excitement this morning. That's okay, my kids and I KNOW we're nerds and don't mind admitting that to the rest of the world! :)

We were downstairs doing school and heard a helicopter that sounded like it was about to land on our roof. I had to go investigate, of course! Well, they were crop-dusting the field across the street, behind our neighbors' houses! It was so cool. We first started watching from our front yard... then we had to go to the neighbor's backyard (hope you don't mind Liz!) to get a closer look. I hope you can see the thing. If not, just sit back and enjoy the amazement in our voices and the laughter! At one point, Marlie took off running for her life back toward our house. She thought the thing was going to fall out of the sky and fall on us I guess! I kinda wonder if the pilot didn't see us there in awe, because he did a couple of maneuvers over us that didn't seem to go with a dusting plan, ya know? Oh, it was too fun! Gotta appreciate the smallest of things, right?! (Hope this works!)







Yes, those are the Rockies in the background. I am so bummed it was so gloomy and you can't see them better, but we do get to see this amazing wonder of God's creation right out our front door! I LOVE it!

No comments: