Tuesday, May 6, 2008

He wastes no time!

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12

Boy, I tell ya, Satan doesn't waste any time! I am certainly not one to look for him under every bush, but I also want to be wise to his schemes and he wasted no time on Hannah this morning! It was a simple problem. She woke up a little cranky, with a headache, still tired. No big deal, but very uncharacteristic of Hannah. So, we went about our morning as usual. Well, when we had a meltdown over finding something to wear and no shirt would be suitable with the capris we had finally picked out, I knew something was wrong. I gave her 5 minutes to come upstairs dressed and ready to go. She was practically in tears (SO unlike her!) and said she was having a really hard day and her head hurt. A light bulb clicked in this slow mother's head! I explained to her that now that she is a Christian, Satan will try to get her down. Gave her the whole schpeel that I will spare all of you. But, we went into my room and prayed together. What a sweet time! She was instantly (seriously INSTANTLY) feeling better and has been great ever since. Such an awesome opportunity to teach my little one about the goodness of our God! And, a sweet reminder to her mother!

God, You are SO, SO, SO good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy!!! If she learns how to fight Satan's attacks with prayer, now - how much further ahead would she be?! That's awesome!!!!