Friday, May 2, 2008

Proud Mommy Moment...

...and not-so-proud at the same time. Marlie woke up in a major funk this morning. I swear living with an 8 year old girl can be challenging, especially when she is just like her mother! (Hmmm... does that make me challenging to live with? Oh my! Another post!) Anyway, she became quite upset this morning over something really trivial. She felt the need to share with me at the breakfast table, out loud, that she is so "sick and tired of her (Dani's) stories!". How sweet is that?! So, I explained to her that while it's natural to feel that way sometimes, it's part of our sinful nature and not nice! Not only is it not nice to say, but God is concerned that we even feel that way to begin with. Well, that REALLY crushed her little spirit. But, it needed to be said! Poor Marlie ended up a sobbing mess at the breakfast table. That's the not-so-proud portion of our morning. Mostly because I see myself in the whole scenario. Like I said, that's for another post that's been on my heart!

Now for the proud part! Marlie calms down and heads downstairs to get herself ready for the day! I hear Hannah say: "Marlie, come look at your bed!". She had laid out one of Marlie's favorite items on her bed, a peacock feather! (Don't ask me!?) AND, she had written a note to Marlie saying "I love you Marlie!". How sweet and compassionate is that? I pray those characteristics will come so naturally to her forever! What a nice sister!




Awwwww....

No comments: