Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The simple wisdom of my three year old!

This is a conversation I had with Danielle on March 13th.

Dani says to me as she is coming up the stairs from some heavy duty playing: "Did you hear my heart?"

Me: "No! What's it doing?" Thinking her chest hurts, or her heart is off beat... you know all those things that goes through a mother's head in a split second.

Dani: "Jesus is saying something!"

Me: "He is?! What's He saying?" Expecting something story like as is typical for Dani. She's going to be our creative writer I think.

Dani: "He's saying..." and whispers to me, "I LOVE you!"

Makes me wonder why it's so hard for me to get it sometimes. If my three year old gets it with such clarity, why can't I? Must be one of the many reasons Jesus says we are to be like children. We try to make so much out of things. It's quite simple. He loves us! PERIOD! Why do we (I) try to make it so complicated? I don't know about you but I find it hard to accept or believe in love without conditions. Maybe it's because Jesus is really the only one capable of truly loving that way. I don't know. I think that if I really understood the depth of His love, life would be so much easier. I will likely not "get it" completely on this side of heaven but I will work on it! How 'bout you!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those child faith moments precious!! I'm with you...if we could only grasp how deep and how wide and how long is His love for us...wouldn't we live differently?