Friday, April 25, 2008

A Mammoth Post

Okay, so this is probably going to be picture overload but I weeded out WAY more than I'm posting! We had a fabulous day! All of Marlie's birthday day plans ran just as smooth as can be! The day started off with helping daddy make her favorite homemade blueberry waffles!



Then we all got dolled up to go shopping but first we had to open some presents from Grampa and Grammy! She got the Barbie that she wanted SO bad but thought was WAY too expensive to really ask for. With a little bug in the ear from Mommy, leave it to Grammy to find that Barbie much cheaper! She also got a framed picture of her namesake, Marlene, MY Grandma who passed away LONG before Marlie was born! She LOVED that. But the BEST gift to her was getting my Grandma Marlene's wedding ring. She wore it proudly ALL day and just couldn't quit saying how much she appreciated it!



Then it was off to Target to buy some accessories for her room! She found the perfect lamp! It's amazing what kids will get excited about sometimes. A lamp?



Off to the zoo!



You GO Mom! I was getting so frustrated with all of the evolution junk! Finally we just decided to have fun with it!



Hannah and I walking like penguins to the penguin exhibit. Fun, fun, fun!



Time for some dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! The girls had so much fun riding up and down the escalator. We're not from around here! ha ha!



Did I mention that the girls all got to have cheesecake, and ONLY cheesecake, for supper? What a fun day! Now I'm off to bed to rest up for another BIG birthday celebration tomorrow!

Happy birthday Marlie. I sure do love you lots!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH my gracious - HOW FUN!!!!