Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mercy!

Ever have those days when you feel like you are in a game of "Mercy" with God? That would describe my weekend! Herein is the saga that has been my life:

First, Tyler has still been sick. Nasty runny nose, terrible cough, and fever. Poor little guy. But, oh, the lovin's I've been getting! Melts my heart! Last night he was up at 11:30 with a fever of 102+. I gave him some Tylenol but by midnight it was up to 103.2. So, I brought him to bed with me so I could keep a better eye on his fever. Well, by 1:00 neither of us was sleeping so I put him back in his bed. He finally went to sleep around 1:30 and the night was good from there. There is good news or sorts, though. We took him off of formula on Friday and he'd not been sick since. I thought I would try again tonight, and sure enough, he got sick again. Now, we are wondering if he's not lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy. We've switched to a lactose free formula. Time will tell!

This is my little guy in the tub last night. Doesn't he just look pitiful. Like Dani reminds me: "Poor, poor, pitiful Tyler!". Oh, and guess who discovered his privates the night before last in the tub! Yep! Oh joy! Notice the owie on his head? Hannah thought she would pick him up (a direct defiance of the rules) and sure enough, she "dropped" him from on her lap on the couch and he hit his head on the coffee table! Sheesh, the kid's taking a beating!



He was so down last night that he just laid on the floor and watched a Baby Einstein video with his sisters. He NEVER sits still for a movie!



And the saga continues! The girls were all at the neighbors' house this afternoon playing in their backyard. Next thing we know, we get a phone call that Dani got a fat lip. Well, she was walking in front of the swing while Marlie was swinging and got zuked! Some kids just have to learn the hard way I guess! Poor punkin'! Marlie felt horrible, especially when she returned home and Dani says in a sweet voice: "Why did you do that Marlie?"



I guess Hannah was pretty frantic at first. She even asked Ivan, the neighbor, in a panic, if Dani was going to have to have surgery! I think I watch too many real-life ER shows! Anyway, Hannah confessed to me later that she was so worried because... "I was afraid Dani was going to die and I really do love her A LOT!" How precious is that?!

And what was my son doing in the midst of the crying and chaos?



Here's Dani drinking a yogurt smoothie that her daddy made for her! Oh, I forgot to mention that one of the teeth NEXT to her front tooth was knocked loose! That was scary. But, luckily our dentist is also a friend and neighbor across the street. He came over and took a look and said she will likely be fine but she has to eat soft foods for awhile!



Dani's drama as only she can tell it!



So, Dani and I went on an emergency run to Wal-Mart tonight, my favorite place (NOT!), to get lactose free formula, Pedialyte, children's and infant's Tylenol AND Motrin etc.... I have to admit, I had a GREAT time with my little girl! We are NEVER by ourselves! Too bad it takes a major trauma! I just love her to pieces, fat lip and all! Oh, and by the way, by the end of the night her lip and tooth were both much better!

I'm a little hesitant to see what tomorrow will bring! It's bound to get better from here right?! Thank goodness Keven was able to come home today! God knew I would be a mess all by myself! Once again, His provision in never-ending!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right - Dani is still precious as all get out - fat lip and all!!

Kensey was lactose intolerant too.

I'm praying for you today!

Unknown said...

Oh my friend, today is bound to be better than yesterday!! I felt terrible about Dani's lip, but am glad she is feeling better. Have a great one, God is good. Tara