Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A MUST, MUST, MUST read!

Okay people! I am not one to usually promote a book or anything. For one thing, I never finish a book, EVER! However, the book that I am currently going through with the ladies' study at church is a serious MUST read!

It's called Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges. Aside from the Bible, it is the best book I have ever read! It really is that good! It's been one of those books that leave me hungry for more. Not just more of his book, but more of HIS book... the Scripture! It is not milk but definitely meat as far as study of the Word, in my opinion anyway. It has been mind-numbing at times and my jaw has to be picked up off of the floor quite often when reading it! SO GOOD! I am left grateful, more ready to serve out of gratitude and obedience, but mostly I am left falling more deeply in love with my Jesus, my God!

Oh, and if you usually receive a gift from me at Christmas time... don't rush out and buy this book, K? I'm gonna get it for you for Christmas. Unless you JUST can't wait, then just let me know! ;) Sorry to ruin any surprises but we're all big girls, right? :)

1 comment:

MAMA CEO said...

Really? I love a good book! Just this morning in my quiet time I prayed for a more joyful heart and a more excited heart for his Word! I definitely need to read this one! Thanks Ang!