Friday, October 17, 2008

It's been awhile!

Seems like forever since I posted! It's not that there's been nothing going on, in fact we've been busy!

Nothing too exciting though! Same ole same ole. Running kids to school, grocery store trips, art club with Dani, volunteering in Hannah's classroom, movie night at school.... I shutter to think of how busy we're going to be when all four of our kids are involved in various things! Will be a juggling act I'm sure.

Part of the reason it's been a while is because this happened last time I came downstairs to post! I came to add my song to my playlist which I knew would only take a couple of minutes. Okay, maybe five. Tyler was in his room playing very nicely. I heard footsteps overhead and them some banging but figured he was playing with some balls. Nope, when I came upstairs, I discovered him ON the kitchen table throwing all of the apples and oranges out of the fruit basket and onto the floor! Then he proceeded to take all of God's Promises out of their box! See him pointing to them as if to say: "See Mommy? Look what I did!" (In case you are wondering, we have written several of God's Promises on index cards and put them into a box that stays on our table.) PRECIOUS BOY! What amazes me is the short amount of time it took for him to accomplish this! And, as usual, being the good mommy that I am, I had to bust out my camera!

It seems that climbing onto the kitchen chairs has become a favorite pastime of my son! I have to say that I don't discourage the climbing within reason. I figure that he's going to climb, that's what boys do! If he fall, he'll learn his lesson! But, I should probably discourage the many tiny bites taken out of the apples in the fruit basket, huh? This day I decided to just roll with it and let him have a snack of apple. Dani then had to join in!

This past weekend, Keven went elk hunting near Red Feather Lakes with his brother Dave and his dad! Sounds like they had a pretty good time hanging out with one another. No luck with the elk and it was super cold but they had fun nonetheless!

Keven and his dad. Keven says he was being silly flexing his muscles and Dave wasn't supposed to take the picture yet. If you know him like I do... I'm suspect! tee hee!

Some moose that they saw on Saturday! Gotta LOVE the Rockies!

My dad gave Marlie a harmonica when she was littler than Tyler. All the kids have enjoyed it but Tyler thinks he is hot stuff! What a doll baby! I really do think he is musically inclined like his daddy!



Now we're geared for a fairly relaxed weekend. Well, maybe not relaxed - menus have to be made, clothes picked out for next week, bills to be paid, grocery lists to be made - you get the picture. But, there's nothing extracurricular going on! Yay!

We're hoping Daddy will get days off soon. He's had a handful of days at home since the beginning of August. He is building a new rig with his company and it has taken a lot of his time. He has been home most nights even if it's been late. He's been able to be home pretty faithfully on Sundays and he took some days off for hunting... and a day to rescue our children from me. They were going to die if he didn't come home - meaning I was going to kill them. Not seriously of course! You mommies know what I'm talking about!

I guess that's our week in a nutshell! Those of you who know our plight with our very difficult child named Dani, please continue to pray for us! We are in a pit again as far as this is concerned. Please pray for wisdom for us and for consistent and confident discipline on our parts. And, cohesion as a team in parenting! That's so hard to do! This too shall pass!

Until next time... which hopefully won't be as long in coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you again girl!!!

Janet said...

When they are that cute what can you do! Sometimes I just smile and nod.