Friday, January 2, 2009

Writing God's Word on our hearts...

I don't know about you but I am ashamed of the few Scriptures that I actually have written on my heart! I have been a Christian for almost 12 years now (HOLY COW!) and there are very few Scriptures that I have memorized word for word WITH the address! I have terrible retention anyway. I can forget what I've read ten minutes afterward! It's terrible. Anyway... I do know a lot of Scripture, sorta. But, I don't know EXACTLY where it is or in context or whatever! And, I guess because if my retention disability, I have a hard time pulling appropriate Scripture to mind when someone needs it. Or, worse, I can't seem to come up with it when I really need it! I CAN tell you where on the page of my Bible it is though. I'm thinking I have a photographic memory. That's one reason I still have the original Bible that when I graduated form college... and the MANY notes that are in it.

Why am I telling you this? Mostly for accountability. But also because Beth Moore is having a Scripture memorization challenge this year. Check out her blog (you will find the link on my sidebar) to find out more. Very fun idea. I will just ride her coattails when choosing which Scriptures to memorize unless I feel the Lord leading me to do another one. I will be putting them on my kitchen window (I spend most of my time there, do you?), maybe one in my laundry room, and one in my Suburban.

Anyhoo, check it out! And don't forget to ask me how my memorization is going. If you think about it, will you pray with me to have His Words written in "permanent marker" on my heart? No more retention troubles!?

No comments: