Friday, January 2, 2009

Going to the movies... Moseley style!

Yesterday, Keven and I thought it would be a fun family thing if we ALL (yes, I said all!) went to a movie after naps. So, while I was out running errands yesterday morning, I drove by the theaters to see what was playing. Do you know there were NO kid movies showing? Crazy, huh?

So, Keven came up with the master plan and I helped execute. When everyone was up, Keven told them to get their shoes on... they were going to go watch a movie. So he and the kids loaded up in the Suburban and headed out. Meanwhile, I stayed home to set up our theater experience (they thought I needed to catch up on laundry). I set up the kitchen counter like the candy/drink station. I was their refreshment order gal! Their choices were Reeses Pieces, Twizzler Bites, fun Christmas suckers, butter popcorn (thanks Aunt Laurie), kettle corn (thanks Boy Scouts), and brown bag special (thanks Uncle Neal). All of these were given to the kids as part of Christmas gifts. They each got a choice of popcorn and candy. Then for their refreshments they could choose between water (EXCITING!), mandarin-lime pop or green juice (doesn't sound good, but is healthy AND yummy!). I even had on a nametag and wrote down their orders on my order pad! And, yes, they had to pay me for their goodies! Keven made them all paper money for their drinks, popcorn, and candy.

After they placed their orders they went to the ticket guy to give them their tickets and proceed downstairs to watch the movie. Guess who was the ticket guy - complete with nametag too I might add? There was also a sign that said "Now Showing: Kung Fu Panda". So when they got downstairs, I had set up their comfy chairs all in a row like movie theater seats and the screen was lit up with the Kung Fu Panda image. They settled in while their goody lady popped popcorn, got candy together and poured drinks. It was so fun (and inexpensive - just the price of a pay-per-view movie and a six-pack of pop)! The only thing missing was my camera! Oh well, this is one memory I won't be able to scrap! tee hee!

4 comments:

MAMA CEO said...

Angie! What a great idea! How fun was that?!!! Very creative and probably much more memorable than going to any ol' movie theatre! Now you have more money to do other things with to make even more memories! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Katie said...

Your kids will NEVER forget even though you didn't have your camera! What fun!! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall...love the new look of your blog. My favorite so far. Love ya!

Robyn said...

Great job!!! What a great idea!

Janet said...

AWESOME!!! I can't WAIT to copy this idea! Thanks for sharing.