Thursday, June 19, 2008

We're off!

Well, Keven and I will be off to Pagosa Springs tomorrow! My mother-in-law was here Tuesday and yesterday. She is such a sweetheart. She came to help with the kids while I was at the funeral and Hannah's recital. Then she took Dani and Tyler home with her yesterday afternoon until next Tuesday! Ah! I can't hardly stand it. I miss my babies already! I'm keeping myself busy trying not to think about it!

After packing the rest of us up, we are going to make the 3 1/2 hour trip to Keven's sister's house to spend the night and drop off Marlie and Hannah until Tuesday! Then tomorrow it's off to our cabin in the mountains (with a hot tub I MUST add!). Pray for us as you think about us, would you? Pray for a sweet, relaxing time with my hubby. A time of rediscovery. I feel we've gotten a little lost in 9 years of marriage and 4 kids 8 and under. Not in a hugely bad way or anything. We just tend to forget about US in the midst of all the chaos that is our lives, ya know? I'm sure you can sympathize with how that could happen. Also pray that I won't be overcome with missing my kids. Or, if I do, that I will be able to get out of it and enjoy myself and my man!

So, now I'm off to the monumental task of packing. It will be easier with two kids already packed, though. I'll try to take lots of pictures. But mostly, I will make good use of that hot tub! I can't even remember the last time I took a long, relaxing bath. I seriously think it's been YEARS!

Until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! You guys will have a wonderful time!!! Don't worry about those babies - they're in good hands!! I'll be praying for you this weekend!