Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another one bites the dust... eh, um... two...

...tadpoles that is. I am sorry to report that Tom was found belly up on Monday morning and Tuck took his last tadpoley breath yesterday afternoon! Both are now at home in sewer heaven. Hannah was heartbroken by Tom's demise. She at first asked me to not flush him down the toilet... "What if he's not dead!?" "Oh, trust me honey, he's dead." She was fine after that. I had a feeling Tuck wasn't far behind so I warned her and she was not surprised by the news when she got home from school yesterday.

I ordered two more tadpoles this morning. Sure hope we can get them into the leg-growing phase at least. We did everything right, I promise! According to the site, it's not uncommon for bull frogs to live to 5 years or more. Well, we made it to like 4 weeks, does that count for anything? Anyone out there in cyberspace have any pointers for keeping tadpoles alive other than food and fresh water? This mommy will do almost anything to have a pet frog for my Hannah! ;)

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

DKJS said...

Angie
We had bullfrog tadpoles also. We had four and only one survived. What are you feeding them? I bought this algea stuff and it made the tank look gross but it's suppose to be good for them. I just got it at Wal-Mart. Also, I very rarely cleaned out their bowl - I know it's gross but think about how they live in the "wild." They need all that yuck! Hope that was helpful!