Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where'd my babies go?

We made it through the VERY first day EVER of school for my big girls! I am so proud of them. They were up early, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready for the day! We got to school, went in, hung up their backpacks and lunches and headed to the playground. They just mosied around for the next few minutes. Then the whistle blew. You could tell my girls were the new kids because they didn't know what to do. Well, Hannah, in her typical way just looked at me like "Hmmm... what next?" and just waited for the cookies to fall! Marlie was another story! She couldn't figure out what to do and had a meltdown. Bless her little heart! So, I went over to her to comfort her and help her find where she needed to be. Some other little girls pointed out the third grade girls' line and by this time she was in bigtime tears. So, the monitor said "Okay girls! Marlie is new here. Can we be good Christians and help make her feel welcome?" I LOVE a Christian school! About that time another lady came up to her to comfort her and I took that as my cue to get outa there. I was fine until we walked out of the building and then I lost it. Just for a moment, but I lost it. I think I would've been fine if Marlie hadn't broken down. But, I pulled it together and managed to only think about them and worry about 1/2 the day. Wanna know something really funny? I cooked WAY too much lunch! Oh, this is going to take some getting used to. Anyhoo... I picked the girls up and Marlie came out first. I asked how her day went and she said "I LOVE school!" Praise God! I told her, "See, God is so good." to which she said "Yes He is!". He sure answered this mommy's prayers. And Hannah, she loved school too! Of course she did! She even told me a story of how she helped another little girl who skinned her knee on the playground when other kids were running away from her! That's my girl. They are both really excited to go again tomorrow. Who wouldn't be, it's PIZZA DAY!!!!!!! ;)

Anyway, I have TONS of pictures and a couple of videos to share but am too tired to do it tonight! I'm sure I can find time to do it tomorrow!

No comments: