Thursday, August 14, 2008

Go get him!

Oh, I just HAVE to share this story that my cousin shared with me at the family reunion! You will crack up. I hope I get it right Chris!

Chris was watching some news coverage of the election and Isaac (5 years old) was apparently in the room or watching with him while his little sister Isabelle (4) was playing nearby. So, he asks his dad who he likes or who he is going to vote for. Chris answers that he will be voting for McCain 'cause he doesn't like Obama. Isaac asks why Chris doesn't like Barak Obama. Chris tries to explain as best as he can to a five year old that when Daddy works the government takes some of his money to pay taxes and that Obama wants to take MORE of Daddy's money.

Later, Isabelle is at school and Logan, her classmate, his dad comes to pick him up from school. Logan's dad is a police officer and came in his full uniform to pick up Logan. So Isabelle walks up to him and says something like: "Hey Logan's dad. There's this guy, his name is "Arock Obama" (like to throw "a rock"! ha ha ha). He's going to take my dad's money. You need to go get him!" Is that the most hilarious thing you've ever heard!

Thankfully, Isabelle's teacher wrote is all down for Chris and Val for posterity and they will never forget it! I just had to share! Hope you got a chuckle!

No comments: