Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My heart is a dry and weary land!

Okay, so I've been absent lately! Not just on my blog but in life in general it feels like! Ever have those times? I'm speaking of life in general. Little motivation to cook meals, do laundry, clean house... Oh, it still gets done, but my heart's just not been in it. What's up with that? Oh, gee, could it be that I've not been motivated spiritually for say... gosh, I don't know, months probably? I guess you could say I'm in a dry time... a time in the desert on the way to the promised land I guess! Confession time here! I can't even remember the last time I had a meaningful quiet time. ANY quiet time for that matter (not counting the short one yesterday morning!). And my prayer life? Pretty much non-existent! Well, not NON-existent!

I'm probably going to ramble so I hope you can follow! I'm going through one of "those times". I'm not depressed. Been there, done that. It's not that. It's just a dry time. I don't know how else to explain it! I really don't. I have no desire or motivation. I WANT to spend time with the Lord in study and prayer, sorta! But, other things take precedence. I don't MAKE time! Wait that's a sin isn't it? Nothing like piling more guilt on myself. Here's the thing... I know the Christian life is not about guilt. But, it IS about obedience and I've not been obedient to what I am called to do as a woman of God. Sure, I am taking care of my family, but with what attitude? What is the attitude of my heart? I'm not even sure I'm good at faking a godly attitude! I'm pretty easy to see through generally!

I don't know what I'm really trying to say here. But, God is so good. I took a sermon with me to listen to on the way to my in-laws. I've had it forever but have never listened to it! It was awesome and about this great job and responsibility we have called PARENTING. That was motivating. It was about modeling what we want for and from our kids! Wake up Ang'! Can't stress the importance of daily devotion, prayer, and hiding Scripture in your heart if you're not doing it yourself! So, now I have to somehow let my kids see that in me. Oh, I am such a work in progress. Oh God, please help me raise these kids in spite of ME!

I've often been confronted with this verse in my own head!

"He who is not with me is against me"... Matthew 12:30

Now, I know that I am "with" Him, that I'm sure of! But, sometimes I feel like I am serving two masters. One is my life, the other is my desire to serve Christ. Does that make any sense? I am such a busy mom. Granted I'm not going constantly, but my head sure is. It's always something whether planning meals, my next step of action for the day... you ladies know what I'm talking about. I know that I just need to make the time. Pray for the time. Pray for His guidance. But, my day gets away from me and another day has gone by without any time for Him.

Thankfully, I KNOW that He is here even when I don't make time for Him. That's a promise I can stand on!

Why am I sharing this? I don't even know!? Does this make any sense to anyone else besides me. Another thing I don't know! I guess I just ask that you pray for me as you think of it. Pray for me to develop a more meaningful, eternally-driven relationship with my Savior! I am so thankful for Him, but I take Him SO for granted! I've known Him for over 11 years and sometimes feel like I know Him no better than the day I met Him. What would my marriage be like if I said the same about Keven? Pitiful!

When I am faithless, He is STILL FAITHFUL! Two more things came out of my drive home today! First is this verse in Jeremiah:

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Jeremiah 24:15

You have no idea how many times I've heard the latter part of that verse. I even have it in my house in several places. But it's the first part that struck me today! Who will I serve THIS DAY!? That's my new verse! And, I only have to worry about THIS DAY! I need to put every effort into serving Him THIS DAY! So, when I wake up in the mornings I have to ask myself, who am I serving? The alarm clock for extra sleep? In the afternoons when the couch is calling my name for a quick snooze, have I spent time with the Lord today? In the evenings.... ooooo, this is gonna hurt. Before I sit to watch something on the boob tube, get on my message board, do some scrapping... am I serving that TV or computer?

On that note, God also blessed me with a song on my drive home! It was really encouraging and His timing is always so perfect. I've included the lyrics and here is a link if you are interested in listening to it for yourself. You should be able to click on "Play Song". It's called "All of the Above" by Mercy Me! Hope it blesses someone else. It sure did me!

Stuck in a day
Like a runner with no race
Are you afraid
Your joy has been misplaced
It's been a while
Since I've seen you smile
How easy you forget
So roll back the time
And there you will find
What never left

[CHORUS]
The day heaven found you
The day the angels sang
Praises to the Father
Who called you by name
The moment you surrendered
The moment you were saved
Life as you knew it forever was changed
And all the above rejoiced

Remember the day
When God forgot your sin
Remember the way
That joy came tumbling in
There will be times
When you cannot find
A reason to stand and sing
But let this remind
You time after time
You're a child of the King

[REPEAT CHORUS]

See them dancing
See them singing
All of heaven is rejoicing over you

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you again! But I have to be a true friend here...You already know that you will never find joy in your walk until you spend quality time with the lover of your soul EVERY DAY!! Make that time girl!!! It is possible!! I've lived it for 7 years!! God is speaking to you - obviously - just make time to listen!!! I love you dearly girl!!