Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Amazed at my God!

I don't really have a whole lot to post. Yesterday I had my computer worked on so hopefully I can start scrapbooking at break-neck speed and without my computer locking up on me. We'll see. Now I just have to find the time to DO IT!

I just had to share that I am so loving my girls in school. And it's not the usual "Oh, I can't WAIT for them to be out of the house!" kinda thing. I still don't like the idea of someone else spending more hours in the day with them than me on the days that they are in school but... I am quite comfortable with where they are and who they are with! That's a blessing all by itself. But added to that blessing is that they are loving it! And more blessing is that I get to spend quality time with my two little ones without the stress of feeling like I have to get schooling done. This morning we dropped the girls off, went to the grocery store for a few things and then went to the park. And, we were back home again by 9:3o am. Tyler played all morning and Dani even got to play with playdough at the kitchen counter while I putzed around in the kitchen. Those of you who know me know that playdough is a rare sight in my house.

I am just so thankful that I finally woke up to the fact that homeschooling is not for me in THIS season of my life. The doors are definitely not closed, especially with the prospect of tuition for FOUR kiddos! But, God has never not provided for us so we'll see what He has in store down the road. All I can say is that I am once again enjoying my role as wife and mommy even with the time on the road to and from school twice a day! You would have to ask my hubby but I feel like I am a much more enjoyable person to be around! Oh, and we had a family from our town ask us to carpool. Turns out they are just down the street from us! No coincidence! God is so good and so faithful!

2 comments:

Katie said...

AMEN!!! Love, Mom

Karen Johnson said...

Oh, Angie, you are so right. Homeschooling is definitely not for everyone. It sounds like you've arrived at a very good place for this season of life and I'm so encouraged by your enthusiasm for your husband, children but mostly for your God! Keep doing what you're doing!