Sunday, July 6, 2008

Busy yet uneventful...

Is that possible? I guess because there is nothing HUGE or really different to report, it seems we've done nothing. But, oh contrare mon frere!

This week we played with playdough, made things with molding clay then painted them, had kids over to play... Hannah painted a colorful canvas at Art in the Park. Marlie and Hannah enjoyed making some bug crafts for Summer Reading. Our town has the most awesome rec activities for kids for such a small town!

We found out this week that our friends and neighbors will be moving away from us if they can sell their house. They've put in an offer on a farm property contingent on selling their house behind us. While I am really excited for them, I am really bummed to just not be able to peek out my back door and say hello! They will only be 3 miles away! I know, I know, get over it, they're only 3 miles away! But, it is going to be an adjustment 'cause we just love 'em to pieces. We had them over on the 4th for a simple meal and we played Phase 10! That was fun, even if we did only get to play about 5 hands due to an ice cream break, bottle-feeding break and an eventual I-am-READY-to-go-home-and-go-to-bed-NOW meltdown. But, it was still fun!

On Thursday, I was in a minor fender bender. Well, minor for me! I had to stop sort of abruptly as the vehicle in front of the vehicle in front of me had stopped suddenly to turn left. We were in town too! Anyway, about 5 seconds after I had stopped completely, I hear a crunch and a bump and the small SUV behind me crammed right into me. Come to find out, the truck behind him thought traffic was still moving and slammed into him and sent him into me. The poor middle car got it from both ends. But, God is so amazing at protecting us. I was in Keven's big ole F250 rig truck because the Suburban was in the shop getting an oil change and few minor things looked at. And I only had Hannah and Marlie with me! Keven's truck was virtually unscathed! It's a rig truck so a small quarter-sized ding and a scratch in his bumper may even have already been there! God is good. We would've been fine in the Suburban too, but it would've been a bigger bummer just because that's our nice vehicle and the one we plan to hold onto for awhile!

So, other than that, I am trying to get going on this digiscrapping business but can't seem to get it all together. I am slowly but surely going to make my first page! I'll post it when I am done. I haven't even started yet! Oh well, such is life with four little ones!

The big girls start swim lessons tomorrow for two weeks. FUN! Not! But, it's good for them! Another busy week of piano lessons, Art in the Park, Summer Reading, playtime.... Whew! It's going to be school time before we know it! I can't even think about that without getting a pit in my stomach. I am confident we made the right decision to send the girls to school but I just can't imagine it yet! So, I'm not gonna! ;)

Until next time....

No comments: