Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a week!

Wow, it's been busy around here! We've had swimming lessons every morning, piano lessons, Art in the Park for Marlie, playtime for Dani, a tea party at the park, haircut appointments... you name it! It's been a fun week, though. HOT! Wow it's been hot here!

Anyway, let's see if I can bog things down with pictures and videos. I'm bettin' I can! This just might be the mother of all posts so far!

We'll start with swimming lessons. Marlie is doing well in Level 2. It's been 3 years since either of them have had any lessons so... not to mention that she is mini-me and sporty stuff just doesn't come naturally to her. I don't know if she'll pass or not but she sure is giving it her all! Hannah on the other hand is a little fish and is mastering it all! After the first day, we figured out that it is best if Tyler is in his stroller while we are at lessons or he is ALL OVER the place. Today was only his second day there but he managed to be content in it for over 45 minutes! What a boy. And, Dani did well too. She took her colors and a coloring book and had a ball. It was too cute to watch her wave and smile at her big sisters from the sidelines! What a doll!

Cutie patootie! Who LOVES swimming lessons by the way!


Marlie went to Art in the Park on Tuesday. She made the neatest scrapbook. Just as I get into the digiscrapping thing (which I've still done NOTHING with) she is LOVING the old school style. So, I think I'll keep all of the girls stocked with the basics and just let them have a ball!

Today there was a tea party for the little girls of the community. I signed up all three girls and it was a blast. The rec department did such a good job. First they decorated purses, then they tossed bean bags into fancy hats, then they broke open a butterfly pinata, and finally decorated cupcakes. It was so cute. Dani felt like such a big girl, you could just tell it. She is my sociable one. Marlie and Hannah didn't want to touch the pinata. I think Hannah would've if Marlie weren't there, but anyhoo. Dani had a great time!! She just thought everyone there needed to have her crown and pretty purple jewel shoes pointed out to them! What a girl! Oh, and did I mention that each girl got to dress herself for the tea party! What a hoot!











And then there's this picture for my mom. She wanted a picture of Tyler's teeth. She says it's because teeth make little ones look so different. So... OKAY! It turned out pretty cute though!

And this one is going to require some explanation... Can you see just below the bunny where it says "Gently Tug Ears to Open"? Well, Marlie had a little snack after dinner tonight. She was standing at the counter and says, "Wait, I need to check this out!". I think I was asking her to do something. Anyway, then she tucks the bunny part into the box to close it and then proceeds to TUG ON HER OWN EAR LOBES! How funny is that?! As soon as she did it, she realized what it meant. Oh, I was ROLLING! I am cracking up now! She just had a split-second brain you-know-what! And, she suggested I share this on my blog! I am so glad she can laugh at herself over this one!


Oh, I just LOVE my kids!

P.S. I TOLD you it was the mother of all posts! ha ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! I can just see the look of confusion as she pulled her ears!
Your girls are so beautiful in their tea outfits! What fun memories!
And I just want to squeeze Tyler - what a cute smile!!!

Karen Johnson said...

What a funny story to remember! I enjoy your posts. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine. I was beginning to think I was just talking to myself. Not that I don't do that in real life. KWIM?