Friday, July 25, 2008

My sleepwalker!

First a little background. Hannah has been sleepwalking for a couple of years I would guess! At first it was scary because I didn't know what to think of it. She looks like she's awake and can communicate but is quite out of it. Now it's funny. I've noticed that she seems to do it most when she is tired. Most kids get grouchy. Not Hannah, she just sleepwalks. And, she only does it when she gets up in the night to potty. It's like she can't quite fully wake up. Anyway, sometimes she does some pretty silly things. One time, she tried to go in the storage room to go back to bed! That was FUNNY!

Well, last night I filmed her. I couldn't resist! I was vegging watching the boob tube and heard footsteps go upstairs. I immediately knew what was going on. If she is awake, she will just go potty in the bathroom downstairs which is just a few feet from her bedroom. So, I follow her with the camera. It's a little hard to hear so... After she went potty upstairs, she went into Marlie's room. Thinking it was her room, I guess. Then she crawled in bed with Marlie, who didn't budge. She must've been really tired too! Then she goes back downstairs (after some coaxing from me) to go to bed. She turned on the light (sometimes she'll do this and just go back to bed that way) which surprisingly didn't wake up Dani and got a stuffed animal which she NEVER sleeps with. Oh, it was funny. If you can, turn up your sound and listen carefully for what she says to me.



I hope you were able to get the gist of it. So funny! She watched the video this morning and cracked up. Doesn't remember a thing!

1 comment:

Meri said...

My oldest is a sleepwalker too! lol

Tag!
Check my blog for details:
http://wildwatercolorponies.blogspot.com/