Friday, December 12, 2008

Ornaments & Gingerbread

Today I did a couple of quick but fun things with my kiddos! Mom sent us some ornaments to make in one of her recent packages so we got to put those together. Tyler's was pre-made... thanks Mom! And, the other day a gingerbread train kit caught my eye at the grocery store and I just couldn't resist. We had fun! Oh, and Hannah's class made little gingerbread houses out of their empty milk cartons and grahams crackers. Too cute!

My son made this endeavor a smidge difficult in that he whined about not being able to participate! He quickly made himself busy reaching on his very tippy toes to reach a bowl of candy and dump it, scoot a chair from the dining room to the kitchen counter to try and get into some other candy we have left over from something, and then scooting the same chair to another part of the counter to open the silverware drawer, take all of the utensils out and onto the counter and bang and clang them. It's amazing how much more relaxed a mother will get with time. I just let him be and he had a ball!





No comments: