Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Tonight, my neighbor Tara and I (well former neighbor - boo hoo), had our very first neighborhood birthday party for Jesus. I thought of the idea last year but it was too close to Christmas to plan anything. So, you know me, I marked my then new 2008 planner right then and there to start planning early. Thankfully, Tara agreed to help! Thanks Tara! And, the best part is that we thought to use the HOA clubhouse so neither of our houses got trashed! Smart mamas we are! ;)

We started out with a really cute book called "The Light of Christmas" which I would highly recommend. It takes you through the story of Jesus from when God made the world, to the fall, to Jesus' birth, Jesus' ministry and His resurrection. And, it's a picture book that is interesting. Very good! Then we stuck nativity stickers on a manger background, Tara went through the "colors of salvation" with them as they assembled their own color booklets, and we ended with birthday cake and ice cream! It was really quite fun and we hope to make it an annual tradition and pray that even more unchurched kids will be able to come!



3 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great outreach! It looked so fun!

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time and a GREAT turn out. To God be the glory. And to think some of those kids may never even have heard Jesus' name mentioned this Christmas. And when I think of the awesome work He is doing in the lives of your own kids (by your example) through an outreach like this it makes me want to jump and shout. TOO COOL!! Mom

MAMA CEO said...

Way fun! I hope you don't mind...but I am hijacking your idea! Might be this year or the next...but consider yourself HIJACKED!