Thursday, December 18, 2008

My FAVE Christmas song!

This is my absolute favorite Christmas song. My sweet friend Robyn posted another video of this song on her blog this morning and so I decided to share with all of you too! This version is by Kutless... they are a "harder" Christian band that I enjoy! I think they do a great job!

Whenever I hear this song I wonder what it was like for Mary. I mean, besides wondering what it must've been like raising a sinless Son... I know ALL of you moms have wondered that, right? But, was she privy to some of His knowledge as God in human flesh? Was He limited in His own knowledge of His future crucifixion until, in His humanness, He was ready for it? I know Mary knew He was the Messiah and Savior of humankind, but did she also expect Him to reign as King in that time as the rest of the Jews did? Or did she somehow know the true path that He had to take to provide our salvation? Did she worry when He fell and skinned His knee or did she not because He was God for heaven's sake? Did He get excited about losing His first tooth, when He fashioned His very first carpentry masterpiece on His own, or when He saw His newborn siblings for the first time? Surely He did all of those things as He was fully human and can sympathize with our every emotion according to Hebrews. So many questions only to be answered in heaven! What a wonderous place that will be! And, only because He was first born... and all to die as the sinless sacrifice for you and me! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!

1 comment:

MAMA CEO said...

Love it, love it, love it!