Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandparents Day

Today grandparents were invited to the girls' school in celebration of Grandparents Day. Betty drove here from Sterling yesterday to come and my Grandpa and Grandma Neva came too! Sounds like they had a great time!

First they had a short orientation type meeting where they got name tags, had coffee and donuts... Then it was off to a classroom for some fun with the kids. Then they had a program where each music class sang some songs. Betty said a senior girl shared her experience with the school and then a grandparent got up and spoke. They each shared their testimony! Then is was off to the classes again and then lunch. Mmmmm... HOT, SCHOOL lunch! I bet that was yummy! NOT! tee hee!

I sent my camera with Betty and she was able to take a few short videos of the program. Enjoy!

This first video is of the 3rd, 4th & 5th (I think) graders singing. If you look in the middle, in the second row, you might be able to see Marlie in a turquoise shirt.



This next video is of all of the elementary kids reciting Proverbs 4:20-21. This is the verse that the entire school had as their memory verse for the week. Hannah is up front, standing with the red shirt and jumper on. Couldn't tell ya where Marlie is! ;)



And finally, a video of the kindergartners, 1st & 2nd graders (I think) singing. I could try to explain where Hannah is in this one but all I can even see is her head!



Oh, as I watch these I get all teary-eyed! I am still just so thankful for the God-fearing and God-loving teachers that my kids can learn from and the environment that they are in. We have been truly blessed!

No comments: