Monday, June 22, 2009

My kind of prayer!

I am reading "The Power of a Positive Mom" by Karol Ladd AGAIN! Or maybe I should say still since I've picked it up and started it and quit a zillion times! Anyway, the last chapter was on prayer and I LOVED this one:

Dear Lord, so far today I am doing pretty well. I haven't screamed at the kids or thrown anything in a burst of anger. I have not grumbled or gossiped or whined. I haven't been greedy or self-centered. I have not yet charged anything to the credit card, and I haven't pigged out on the chocolate cake in the refrigerator. However, in a few minutes I will be getting out of bed, and I am going to need your help to make it through the rest of the day. Amen.

Don'tcha just LOVE that! The point of it, of course, is that this mom realized how much she needs God to make it through the day.

No comments: